Founded in 1917 by the Rev. Floyd Kenyon as a summer camp for boys, Camp Washington , a ministry of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut (ECCT), has grown over the years to become a major residential summer camp for boys and girls.
In 1990, work began on a vision to make the facility a year-round Campus serving the broader needs of the Christian community for retreats, training sessions and other church uses for all age groups.
In 1991, new construction and renovation of existing buildings provided a modern Campus able to house and feed 175 people. The 300 acres Campus provides an attractive and quiet area for rest, reflection, renewal, and education.