"Camp Washington is Connecticut's Episcopal Diocesan Camp and Retreat Center, where God's love for the world, made known in Jesus Christ, invites all through the ministry of hospitality. Camp Washington offers its facilities and programs for camping, education, environmental stewardship and spiritual retreat."
Started in 1917 by the Rev. Floyd Kenyon as a summer camp for boys, Camp Washington , a ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut, has grown over the years to become a major residential summer camp for boys and girls. In 1990, work began on a vision to make the facility a year-round site serving the broader needs of the Christian community for retreats, training sessions and other church uses for all age groups.
In 1991, new construction and renovation of existing buildings provided a modern complex able to house and feed 175 persons. The 300 acres, laced with many trails, provide an attractive and quiet area for rest, reflection and environmental learning.